Thursday, January 03, 2008

Peeking out from under the covers

Is it over? Has everyone gone? Didn't it go quick?

Mr F is back at work after the holidays and I am here in the company of a mournful looking dog with a sore ear.

Happy New Year. No promises, no resolutions.

However, I intend, somewhat cautiously, to be more chilled out this year.

For the second year in a row we had a family bereavement, on top of a monstrous workload, and I'm determined nobody is going to die or be overworked (especially not me) this year.

That's a good start, innit?

Not Only, But Also, on New Year's Eve the wheelchair service rang to say I was top of the list for an indoor outdoor wheelchair. I'm pleased of course, (again, with some caution) but a little miffed too, because I just answered the new question on my profile rather succinctly...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the "no-one's allowed to die this year" idea -- my uncle passed away at the end of November and he was the one who donated the cash for my new chair ... it was delivered three weeks after he died :^(

Still, 2008's a new year and, armed with my new mobility weapons, I intend to make it a good year.

Happy New Year missus!

xxx

Agent Fang said...

Hi Timmargh. I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like he died around the same time my Grandpa passed away. He was 98, a complete star and I really miss him.

But on a happier note, forward into the new year - hopefully with both of us at a much greater speed in our new wheelchairs!

:0)

Agent Fang said...

Oh dear. I'm not posting under my name, instead I'm 'about me'. Um. Must fix that!

Naomi J. said...

Heh. I like the story about the bald frog. I hope he enjoyed his wig. And that his new outdoor one arrives soon :)